Study Session groups already formed
What is Study Session?
Study Session is committed to providing a supportive, non-lecture, group learning environment so that students of all learning styles can be involved and succeed in their classes.
Study Session is an academic retention program sponsored by Student Academic Services and funded by the Student Success Fee. It provides bi-weekly hour-long study sessions to all Cal Poly students. It’s a great way to obtain support with an academic subject all the way through the quarter.
- There may be 8-15 students per group so there's opportunity for personal attention.
- There's no cost to attend, but each students must submit a request throught the Cal Poly Portal in order to join a group.
Study Session's Mission
- To provide students an opportunity to learn more effective ways of studying.
- To provide students with the opportunity to get acquainted with other students from their class in a friendly atmosphere.
- To enable students to share notes and ideas with their peers for a broader understanding of the course.
How to Request a Study Session
- Logon to My Cal Poly and view “My Classes” in your home page
- Above your classes is a button: “Study Session Request”
- Select the button to enter the request process. You must be enrolled in the lecture for the button to appear.
- Press the “Submit Request” button at the bottom when you’re done.
|Program Assistant:||Alex Medina and Camila Monchini|
Kennedy Library 112
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0204